Both versions are essentially the same. The difference mainly is that the standalone "blue" version has the skeuomorphic EX5 look and the other is an expansion that unlocks in the Pure Synth® FREE Player.
Yamaha EX5 Virtual Instrument
30GB Sample Library Size
384 User & Perf Factory Presets
Includes all RAW Waveforms
Sampled Factory Voice Presets
AN Modeled Wavetables
Includes all Drum Kits
All Sampled VL Elements
Yamaha EX5/EX7 Virtual Sample Library
Released in 1998, this was the first synthesizer I actually fell in love with. The EX5 was way beyond its time as it featured Analog Modeling, Virtual Acoustic Modeling, FDSP multi-Synthesis Modeling and of course sample playback. With a mixture of all of these sound synthesis techniques, the EX5 was literally a Blue Beast®. We were not able to capture all of the virtual modeling, but what we were able to capture was the warmth, phatness, and essence of the machine. We also were able to convert the analog waveforms into our own Phat Table™ format to capture all of the analog goodness of the VL technology. What you get in this virtual instrument is a beautifully sampled nostalgic representation in the spirit of the EX5. This is by far the most exhaustive and meticulously sampled EX5 virtual instrument, and is the closest you will ever get to the real thing.
The Ultimate Recreation of a Legendary Synth Classic
All Inclusive EX5/EX7 Virtual Sample Library
You will get access to the Internal Factory Voice presets as well as the Factory Performance Presets for a total of 384 Presets
We give you access to the RAW Waveforms so that you can re-create some of your favorite patches. Our synthesis and effects are powerful enough to get very close!
Analog AN Recreated
Using our exclusive PhatTabe™ technology, we were able to capture the analog warmth of the AN waveforms. We also included the classic PWM as well.
Sampled VL Sounds
Using our custom analog gear, we meticulously sampled the heck out of each waveform--maintaining the depth, velocities, and warmth of the EX5.
Important Features and Specs
The interface and design is structured using the same 4-element oscillators as the original hardware, so you will feel right at home when programming.
Right+Click on any knob or widget and assign a dynamic envelope, Modwheel and/or LFO modulator. You can MIDI learn any knob or widget for real-time control as well.
An email is sent to you with your authorization number. Enter your serial number in the program and you are activated. No more license managers or complicated transfer schemas. Reset your activations (3-computer max) online.
UI Design and Scaling
You can dynamically resize the entire interface to whatever size you wish, allowing for ease of editing on any monitor. Minimum submenus as all features are on one screen.
High Quality Effects
We use the classic Overloud® VKFX for our effects suite, along with many analog modeled effects. Our effects very high quality and can be assigned to modulation sources as well.
Easy Preset System
Easy navigation preset system that allows you to create your own presets and save them on your OS file system. Use the Favorites option to "heart" your favorite presets with easy filtering and recall using program change messages.
We used our own PhatTable™ technology to model the AN waveforms, including PWM. We also include Analog modeling filters and effects.
Download our app and choose your installer. Install the program, then download the sounds from within the app. No more manual RAR extraction or complicated installation schemas.
What's the Bottom Line?
Our plugin is the closest thing to the real hardware you will ever get in a plugin. Despite the FDSP, you should have no problem re-creating all of your favorite sounds.
The dedicated/standalone has all of the same editing features as the expansion. There is no difference as far as features.
Experience the same exact, sounds, presets, and samples on your iPad or iPhone Device. You can save sample space by storing samples on your external SSD and experience ultra fast sample loading. Our iOS apps have the same user experience as the desktop.
- The Standalone version has the blue EX4 skeuomorphic UI interface
- The Expansion uses the Silver Pure Synth® FREE player interface
- The Expansion unlocks inside of Pure Synth® FREE Player
- You can combine several different expansions inside of the Pure Synth® Player; wheras the Standalone (Blue UI) is dedicated to the EX5 sounds only.
30 GB Library (27 GB Lossless Compression)
384 Presets, 904 Sounds, Over 30 Digital Effects
44 kHz/16-Bit Recorded at 88.2 kHz
3-Activations Per License; Requires Internet to Activate; Ability to Reset License through Manager
**This is not an iLok product, so please do not try to register via iLok. It is a normal serial registration.
High Speed Internet
High Speed internet greater than 500MB/s required. Wi-Fi Hot spots or hubs will not work.
- Standalone Runs in Standalone and/or VST/AU/AAX
- Expansion runs in Pure Synth® FREE Player
- Does not use iLok and No iLok Authorization Used
- Internet connection REQUIRED for the license activation
- Internet connection REQUIRED for sample download
- Supported Operating Systems Mac OS X 10.12+ / Windows 10+ (64-bit Only)
- Mac M1 Native Support (Universal Download Includes both Intel and M1)
- 50 GB of disk space required
- Solid State Drive (SSD) Required (Fast NVME Highly Recommended)
- 8 GB RAM or Higher Required (16GB or Higher Highly Recommended)
- i5 Processor or Higher Required (i7 Or Higher Highly Recommended)
Supported Plugin Formats:
Audio Units, VST, AAX, Standalone
Tested DAW Compatibility:
Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 11+, Logic Pro X 10.5+, Mainstage 3+, Cubase 7+, Ableton Live 10+, Studio One 2+, Garage Band 6+, Reaper 4+, Reason 9.5+, FL Studio, Reaper 4+, Machine.
Skill Level Required:
Our software is not for novices in music and computer technology. This software assumes that you know how to extract zip files, know where your downloads folder resides, understands how to connect MIDI, and Audio. Prior VST/AU plugin knowledge is required.
- Effects - We use our own effects using the Overloud® VKFX engine and other analog effects we have created and acquired. Because of this, you cannot match the effects to the EX5 exactly, but we are able to get close.
- FDSP - Our app does not reproduce the FDSP Synthesis. We sampled the factory with the FDSP enabled.
- AN1 - Our app has successfully converted the raw waveforms into Wavetables to be used. We did reproduce the VL section.
- VL - Our app does not reproduce the VL synthesis. We sampled all of the VL waveforms.
- Arpeggiator - Our app does not include an Arp
- Synthesis - Our synthesizer is setup in the same manner as the EX5 with 4-Elements to be edited. We use our own synthesis and we were not able to reproduce all of the same exact synth parameters, but our synthesizer is powerful enough to mimic most things.
What is the difference between the Standlone and the Expansion version?
Can I load my EX5/EX7 Patches
Our app is not compatible with the EX5/EX7 file format, nor can it load the sounds. Since we give you all of the raw waveforms to work with, you can re-produce those sounds through programming, minus the special FDSP algorithms and Arp stuff.
Will it Sound Like the Hardware?
We sampled all of the waveforms and factory presets extensively; however, the filters, effects, and other synthesis functions cannot be mimicked exactly. We can safely say that we matched the presets to about 80%-90% of the original based on sampling. Things such as FDSP, VL, AN were not replicated. Our synth also does not have and Arp.
Is this product shipped or is it digital download?
All of our products are digital downloadable and are processed immediately upon purchase. You will receive serials, download links, and detailed video instructions on how to install.
How many computers can I activate at one time?
You can activate up to three computers at one time per one user. Please remember that virtual machines count towards an activation. You can always login to your profile and deactivate your activations.
Is your software compatible with M1 natively?
Our software does work with the M1 Mac in Rosetta mode, but it is does not have native M1 support. We do, however, have plans for this in the future.
If I purchase the desktop, will I get the iOS for FREE?
What is your return policy?
Due to the nature of the product, we cannot offer satisfaction refunds, due to the plethora of video demos of the sounds. We do, however, offer refunds if you just can't get the product running on your system.